call us 706.482.0090 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and details
This training is part of the NGYC 300 hour track and will benefit you in teaching seniors and those with illnesses or injury. We will meet 4-7:30pm on Friday, Saturday 9-6 and Sunday 9-5.
Yin Yoga Teacher Training – May 3 – 5Friday night – 4:00 – 7:30pmSaturday – 9am – 5pmSunday – 9am – 4pmThis weekend will deepen your understanding of Yin Yoga. Open to all students (no RYT Certificate required). For teachers, it will equip you with specific methods for teaching. 15.5 Yoga Alliance credit hour certificate given upon completion. Early Bird Discount – $275, after April 19 – $300The weekend intensive will include a blend of lecture, discussion and practices with live music including:
Recommended pre-reading: The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark OR Insight Yoga by Sarah Powers
- A historical perspective of Yin Yoga
- Yoga anatomy from a Yin perspective
- Benefits of Yin Yoga
- The Basic 26 postures
- Meridian Theory and the use of Yin Yoga for targeted results
- Yin vs Restorative Yoga
- Yin Yoga for Athletes
- Teaching guidelines and how to design a practice
- Over a dozen Yin yoga sequences are provided as well as class theme suggestions
- Upon completion each student has the tools, practices and resources to lead yin yoga classesAbout Dennis and Kathy:Dennis and Kathy Lang are both E-RYT 500/YACEP instructors of yoga, meditation and mindfulness with over 14 years of experience. As etherial musicians, they integrate sound and vibration into their teaching with Spanish guitar, fusion sitar, crystal bowls, gong, Native American flute and chimes. Students of the married couple expound “Practicing yoga with them is a magical blend of mindfulness, placid vibrational sound and live acoustic music created to accompany their warm and down to earth teaching style. They pay attention to all aspects and dimensions of what yoga is really about.” Annually, Dennis and Kathy lead 40+ workshops and teacher trainings in the US plus retreats overseas. Their foundations are in Vinyasa Flow and Yin Yoga but are also trained in Kundalini, Chakra Theory and Energetic Anatomy. Lovers of adventure and other cultures, they have traveled to over 36 countries and their lifelong mantra is “finding fun and making memories”.
Sign up online via our app or email us email@example.com
Stay tuned for more details!
706.482.0090 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
The science and practice of yoga is framed in Sanskrit words and verses. A basic understanding of the Sanskrit language is important for any student or teacher of yoga. Many asana (posture) names have interesting, deeper meanings and stories behind them. Yoga philosophy, specifically the Yoga Sutras, contains many terms that have no accurate English equivalents. Learning these key terms in depth broadens our understanding of yoga and how it describes human consciousness
Join Nicolai Bachman(via WebEx) and Mindy Searcey
When: July 14th and July 15th
Where: NGYC Cost $325